Our Culture Journey
At Spark, our most important asset is our people. That’s why in 2020, we polled employees across the organization about their experiences at Spark through a Culture Integration survey, interviews and focus groups in all regions of the business. Using these insightful responses as a foundation, we created Spark’s Purpose and Values, which are helping us shape our company culture.
It all starts with safety
- We prioritize safety: In our industry, safety is the number one concern.
- We keep our policies up to date: We continuously maintain our safety policies and philosophies to ensure they’re updated with changes to regulations.
- We have a first-class safety platform: We've built a first-rate, companywide safety platform.
- We launched “Our Perfect Day” campaign: Designed to ensure everyone gets home safely.
Safety is the core of our operations. It is our responsibility to ensure we give all of our employees the tools, resources, and training to go home safe every day. It is a commitment that our customers require from us and we require from them. Our industry cannot function if safety is not properly integrated into the work we do. Spark centering around a "zero-tolerance safety culture" is so important. As an Operations Manager, safety is a priority for my team, and knowing that we have a mandate to invest in the safety of their work and their lives, makes me proud to work for an organization that holds us accountable to that standard.”
- We are independent : As an unbiased service provider, we guide our customers to the right solutions to meet their business needs.
- We are local: We live in your communities, providing responsive service when and where it’s needed.
- We have scale: We have the flexibility and responsiveness to support your most demanding projects, regardless of complexity, resourcing requirements, or urgency.
Whether it’s guidance on how to better manage your power, installation of complex process and automation equipment, emergency electrical support in the middle of the night, routine maintenance, or delivering renewable O&M services, Spark Power aims to be your first and only call for all your power needs."
- We are all connected: We live and work in your community.
- We encourage engagement: We educate our employees about community initiatives and encourage them to get involved.
- We provide community support: By supporting local charitable causes that are important to our employees and organization, we can offer meaningful support that’s close to home.
Being part of a company that encourages positivity within communities is important to me. I've been with Spark for almost 2 years, and during this time, I’ve had many opportunities to connect both with customers and peers across the U.S. and Canada. As a Regional Account Manager, it’s crucial to build strong relationships within the communities we work, and I always strive to ensure our customers know we’re here, we’re local and we can support them – and it’s a great feeling.”
Excellence in Execution
- We elevate our trade: By providing high-quality service, we strive for excellence in all that we do.
- We take pride in our work: We deliver quality products and service and are always part of our customers’ solutions.
- We challenge the status quo: To best meet the needs of each customer.
I have been working with Spark Power for over 5 years now - I love that I’m constantly encouraged and motivated to put my best foot forward with the customers, grow my skills and work on challenging projects in a safe environment. It makes me proud to be part of an organization that is committed to doing excellent work and invests in its team members to learn and grow to be a better partner to our customers.”
Teamwork makes the dream work
- We are collaborative: By working cross-functionally across all branches, we foster strong teamwork.
- We are relationship-oriented: We build meaningful relationships with team members and strive to celebrate their successes across the company.
- We provide feedback: To help our employees reach their full potential, we provide clear, concise performance feedback to all levels.
- We celebrate diversity: We believe diversity is the key to success and strive to celebrate and expand diversity throughout our workforce.
- We share collective knowledge: We can only succeed when we work together and encourage our team to share knowledge about training, teaching, and learning.
Joining Spark Power opened the doors to many opportunities, new projects and work. While I have continued to work closely with my branch team and our regional teams, as Spark we have gotten to work cross-functionally with other technical groups and functions supporting new projects and initiatives. In doing this, I have been able participate in projects that I would have never imagined in my career. It’s amazing to see a crew come together from our Renewables, Engineering, Low and High Voltage groups to accomplish customer projects with the same goal in mind. Accomplishing these projects as 'One Spark' really makes the win as a team mean more.”
- We are active participants: We are actively striving to improve the ways in which we work and interact with the communities we serve.
- We take responsibility for our future: We are taking responsibility for the future by balancing short-term profitability with long-term organizational health.
- We seek to benefit everyone: We strive to ensure that all stakeholders benefit from our actions and make decisions that serve our communities now and over the next century.
As the General Manager of Bullfrog Power, Spark’s sustainability division, I’m lucky to be able to make a positive impact through my work every single day, helping to build a cleaner, greener future. My team brings a genuine passion for what we do, and Spark gives us the support we need to advance green energy in North America, develop a unique skillset, and achieve our career goals.”
Interested in joining our team?
As a leading independent provider of end-to-end electrical contracting services, operations and maintenance and energy solutions, Spark Power is building a team of exceptional people who want to shape the future of the power infrastructure and renewable energy markets across North America. We are growing quickly and looking for people who want to grow with us. Interested in joining our team?