Chief Commercial Officer | Spark Power Corp.
Ron is Spark Power’s Chief Commercial Officer with over 25 years of experience in the technology and advanced energy sectors. Ron’s role is to drive growth at Spark Power through best-in-class sales, marketing, and business development. He is leading the development of a richer set of offerings that bring cost-effective, customer-centric solutions to market that address cost, quality & reliability, and power sustainability.
Prior to joining Spark, he was the SVP of Partnerships at MaRS where he was responsible for helping utilities around the world find ways to adopt innovation at scale, to help them survive in a world being rapidly changed by technology, customer preferences, and regulation. His previous career experience also includes:
- Founding Managing Director of the Advanced Energy Centre at MaRS Discovery District
- President and CEO of ENBALA Power Networks
- Founder & Managing Partner of Altera System Corp.
- Partner at Celtic House Venture Partners ($500M venture fund)
- Founding member of Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan venture capital team where he was responsible for sourcing and managing investments across the technology sector in Canada and in the United States.
An active participant in the advanced energy sector, he is frequently sought out by government, agency, and utility organizations to offer his pragmatic perspective and lend his deep and varied experience. He is also a frequent speaker at industry conferences and events.
Ron holds a BASc, Industrial Engineering from the University of Toronto.
I'm honored to work with these
power industry leaders
Let us earn the right to be your Trusted Partner in Power™. We’ve done it for over 6,500 industrial, commercial, and utility customers across North America and we can do it for you.