Powering into the next 100 years
Spark Power is always thinking about building a stronger future. That’s why we’ve launched Spark100 – a program dedicated to inspiring positive, long-term social and environmental change that will better serve our employees, customers, and communities, now and over the next century.
Protecting the environment.
Supporting the communities in which we live and work.
Diversity & Inclusion
Creating an inclusive and diverse workplace and culture.
Health & Wellness
Investing in the health and wellness of our employees.
Meet our Committee Chairs
Spark100 is based on four key commitments: our environment, community, diversity & inclusion and health & wellness. Each area is led by a specially designated team within the organization.
Our Environment Committee is dedicated to expanding our environmental commitments by implementing green energy solutions within our organization and educating employees about how they can participate in green energy initiatives.
Establish an Environment committee and identify program champions
- Create a Spark100 Environment committee and identify interested champions throughout the organization.
- This team will support the environmental champions in implementing initiatives at a local level
- Will continue to grow educational posts on SparkLife
- Implement an employee sustainability challenge (eg. Sustainable BINGO, etc.)
- Improve employee engagement through challenges, events, and education
Continue to Increase Spark's Commitment to Green Initiatives
- Continue to bullfrogpower new offices and locations
Director, Marketing Communications
Our Community Committee is chaired by Kim Samlall. Kim is dedicated to supporting our employees and the communities in which they live and work, while helping charitable causes that are important to both our employees and the organization.
2021 Community Committee priorities:
Build Program Awareness
- Develop and launch Community Communication Plan in Q2 and work with Marketing Communications team to execute campaigns both internally and externally. Plan to include:
- Education: Educate employees on the program and how they can get involved
- Sharing: Educate employees on how to share community stories leveraging our communication tools and platform (internal and external)
- Campaigns: Launch quarterly campaign to continue to peak interest
Encourage Employee Engagement
- Increase employee participation in the community donation program across all regions of Spark, achieving 5% of employee engagement
- Develop campaign to solicit employee-selected strategic partnership from a shortlist for 2022
Vice President, People & Culture
Diversity & Inclusion
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) Committee is chaired by Najlaa Rauf, who closely works with vice chair, Rajashi Dhungana. Along with their Committee, comprised of employees across Spark, Najlaa and Rajashi are ensuring a safe and inclusive workspace where everyone can bring their full selves to work and are working towards recruiting and attracting diversity throughout our workforce.
2021 Diversity & Inclusion Committee priorities:
Education & Awareness
- Provide our employees with an initial basic mandatory DEI education and awareness training
- Continue to develop intranet resources for all underrepresented groups with a focus on the Black community (ie. Celebrating Black History Month)
Culture & Employment Practices
- Work with People & Culture and Safety to improve reporting and tracking processes and feedback of workplace incidents related to discrimination and harassment
- Launch a Company-wide DEI Pledge program that employees can participate in
- Work with People & Culture to develop a systematic approach to track and evaluate internal movements (promotions, hires etc.) of underrepresented communities at Spark Power
- Develop a scholarship or subsidy program to support eliminating barriers to entry for underrepresented communities allowing them to participate in trades apprenticeships and/or technical co-ops at Spark Power
Vice President, Sales, Marketing, Strategy & Sustainability
Manager, Compensation & Benefits
Health & Wellness
Our Health & Wellness Committee is chaired by Sean Drygas, who closely works with vice chair, Teodora Pietrantuono. Through this role, Sean and Teodora are encouraging employees – Spark’s “number one asset” – to prioritize their health and well-being, and give them the tools to get there.
2021 Health & Wellness Committee priorities:
Encourage physical wellness
- Create easily accessible campaigns to encourage movement and healthy eating
- Provide techniques to make field work, meetings and desk work more healthy
Encourage mental wellness
- Raise awareness of available resources for mental health, through Spark's various service providers
- Provide techniques to employees to manage their own mental health
- Provide support to managers so that they can in turn support employees' mental health
Encourage financial wellness
- Provide education materials to employees to boost financial literacy and confidence
- Provide informational resources about various financial topics
- Promote employee retirement solutions and provide educational resources including workshops
- Promote employee discounts programs in Canada and the US