Spark Power Radio AdIt’s big. It’s modern. It’s strategically located in London, ON. It’s the 50,000 sq. ft. Spark Power London Hub, and it had its grand opening on Tuesday, September 10, 2019.
What is the London Hub?
The London Hub is the first regional office for Spark Power in Canada, the 37th overall location in North America, and will be led by branch manager Brian Kuchma.
Divided between 5,000 sq. ft. of office space and 45,000 sq. ft. of fabrication shops, technical service spaces, and equipment warehousing, the London Hub is truly a “one-stop shop” for a variety of end-to-end electrical services and power solutions:
- Low voltage technical services
- Equipment sales and rentals
- Construction, operations, and maintenance
- Power advisory and sustainability solutions
A hub is defined as “the effective center of an activity, region, or network” and the London Hub will be the focal point for our customers to easily access the experience and service to handle all their power needs.
Getting to London was quite the challenge. It involved moving equipment from various Spark Power branches in Tillsonburg and Peterborough, as well as transporting over 1,000,000 lbs of transformers, to a single location.
1. Access to a larger customer base
- London is a growing, thriving city with a solid reputation for investment and economic development. Additionally, London is home to an attractive mix of established and growing industrial and commercial customers.
2. Geographic location
- London is the perfect location to establish a hub in southwestern Ontario as it enables us to be near the customers and communities we serve. By being in London, we can quickly provide the reliable, responsive service our customers demand.
3. Access to talent
- The London Hub will allow Spark Power to attract and retain top-tier talent. As demand increases, we’ll be able to hire more skilled and dedicated tradespeople, create new job opportunities, and stimulate the regional economy.
Speaking of talent, Spark Power recently produced its first-ever radio ad encouraging electricians, engineers, technicians, project managers and branch managers to apply to join Spark Power. Check it out below (opens as a download):
A day of celebration
The grand opening of the London Hub was an exciting, historic day at Spark Power. It was also a day to give back to the community, as a food drive for the London Food Bank took place onsite.
Big thanks to the following partners for making it such a memorable day:
Food and beverages
- Simply BBQ Catering
- Sebastian’s Catering
- Collective Arts Brewing
- 103.1 Fresh Radio
- Austin Riley (Racing with Autism)
- Rick Verberne (Verberne Motorsports)
- DJ Kennington (NASCAR driver)