This Tuesday, December 7 from 6:00 to 8:00 p.m. ET, high school students across Canada are invited to virtually join Spark Power’s very first Career Discovery Expo, (in partnership with Build a Dream), where they can learn from and connect with electrical industry leaders and more.
Check out 7 things you can expect from the Expo:
- To get inspired by a panel of incredible speakers, including keynote speaker, Laura Stacey who is an Olympic silver medalist and professional hockey player. Laura will speak to the importance of teamwork and co-operation, along with being a female in a leadership role.
- To hear a special message from Ontario’s Minister of Labour, Training and Skills Development, Monte McNaughton about the importance of careers in trades and technology.
- To learn about the importance of strong leadership and diversity in the workplace from electricity industry leaders like Richard Jackson (Spark Power), Swati Vora-Patel (Electro-Federation Canada), Michelle Branigan (Electricity Human Resources Canada), and Nour Hachem-Fawaz (Build a Dream).
- To expand your knowledge about the sustainability and renewables sectors from two of Spark’s Renewables leaders, Colin Robson and Jacob Fountain.
- To hear about the future of electrical training, construction, and installation from Spark’s Virtual Reality Specialist, Karl Davidas.
- To learn about all the electrical trades have to offer from Spark team members, like Pihack, a certified Level 2 NETA Electrical Testing Technician, Darren Cobb, a Spark Branch Manager who is Red Seal certified in Electrician Construction and Maintenance, and Rob Kuhnle who is also a Spark Branch Manager and Master Electrician.
- To connect with Spark’s engineering leaders, like Dragi Gulevski, Rajeel Shaikh, and Kristina Duncan who provide in industrial, utilities, and renewable systems engineering across North America.
Registration is open! Sign up now.