New Electric is a full-service industrial electrical contractor delivering first-rate electrical systems and 24/7 rapid response support for over 45 years.
Established in Oakville, Ontario, and serving across North America, New Electric provides highly specialized services to industrial electrical applications.
Our expertise allows us to efficiently install, integrate and maintain electrical systems for your entire facility, from general contracting to complex installation.
New Electric first opened its doors in 1970 in Oakville, Ontario (on New Street, hence its name). Since then, New Electric has expanded with locations across Canada and the United States.
While New Electric continues to grow, its priorities remain the same:
- Always create a safe work environment
- Remain on the cutting edge of electrical, manufacturing, and processing technologies
- Do whatever it takes to minimize the length and frequency of downtime
- Always act with professionalism
Need it done right? Need it done now? That’s when you need New Electric. Right. Now. That’s NEW.
What New Electric does
New Electric provides a wide range of low voltage services to support businesses of all types, including: electrical contracting, industrial automation, custom control panel design, electronic repair services, and preventative maintenance.
Each New Electric project follows a detailed, step-by-step process, including: consultation, inspection, quotation, installation, commissioning and ongoing support. That way, you’ll always know where things stand, what’s coming next, and why.
Every step is performed with safety as the number one priority. New Electric is committed to ongoing safety and holds itself accountable the moment we step foot on your property.
Joining Spark Power
In 2017, Spark Power merged with New Electric in order to provide a complete, end-to-end electrical services solution.
This helped fulfill Spark Power’s mandate of bringing “pole to product” services to industrial, commercial, and institutional customers across Canada.
New Electric in action
New Electric has proudly worked on some incredibly high profile and complex projects throughout Ontario:
- Rogers Centre: The Rogers Centre roof was installed in 1989. Thirty years later, its legacy systems needed an update to ensure peak performance and eliminate the occasional stop and slowdown. Take a look at what New Electric was able to do.
- P&H Milling Group: When P&H Milling built a highly-automated, technology-intensive mill, they needed an electrical contractor with food industry experience and in-house staff to do the job. See how New Electric was able to meet these needs.
- Oerlikon: Oerlikon’s customers demand 48-hour turnarounds at least 80% of the time. That’s why Oerlikon demands maximum uptime and productivity at each of their 17 plant locations. Discover how New Electric was able to deliver.